Edith Bosch (born 31 May 1980) is a Dutch judoka.
Her Olympic debut was at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney where she finished seventh. She won the silver medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics in the middleweight division. She was also European champion that year. Bosch became world champion in the same –70 kg category at the 2005 World Judo Championships in Cairo, Egypt. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, she defeated Ronda Rousey in a quarter final match and won a bronze medal. In the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, she once again won the bronze medal.
Bosch has a HEAO (Dutch: Hoger economisch en administratief onderwijs) diploma in commercial economy from Randstad Topsport Academy, she is also a master in Sport Management from Johan Cruyff Institute, and currently works as a team manager for the Nederlandse Spoorwegen.
During the 2012 Summer Olympics, Bosch was watching the final of the Men's 100 metres when a man threw a plastic bottle onto the track. Bosch punched the man, and he was detained by stewards.
- Bosch, Edith (24 March 2016). Expeditie edith: hoe het gevecht met mezelf goud opleverde. ISBN 9789026333675.
- "Dutch judoka who confronted Usain Bolt bottle-thrower to retire after European Championships". www.insidethegames.biz. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2022.
- Ward, Victoria (5 August 2012). "Spectator arrested after bottle thrown at 100m final". The Telegraph. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Fritsch, Oliver (6 August 2012). "Olympia-Splitter: Eine Judoka übt poetische Selbstjustiz, Becker zürnt, Transparenz beim DSV". Die Zeit. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- @edithbosch (5 August 2012). "Edith Bosch" (Tweet). Retrieved 6 August 2012 – via Twitter.
- "Bosch, a World Champion, Is Set to Retire". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- Polona Fonda (5 April 2015). "Edith Bosch: Olympic Games Medals, Judo and Crossfit". boxrox.
- "Edith Bosch wint Expeditie Robinson 2013". Algemeen Dagblad. 12 December 2013. (in Dutch)
Media related to Edith Bosch at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Dutch)
- Edith Bosch at the International Judo Federation
- Edith Bosch at JudoInside.com
- Edith Bosch at AllJudo.net (in French)
- Edith Bosch at Olympics.com
- Edith Bosch at Olympedia
- Edith Bosch at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)
- Edith Bosch at The-Sports.org
- Edith Bosch at databaseOlympics.com (archived)
- "Meet the last woman to defeat Ronda Rousey", Martin Rogers, USA Today, 9 November 2015